Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bed Rest

Oh my goodness. I apologize for taking so long to post another update, but I should have plenty of time for that now!

I was officially put on bed rest yesterday morning after leaving school and going to the dr. office because I had a horrible headache and was getting high blood pressure readings in the nurses' office at school.

I went to Dr. Hale's office today for a non stress test which the nurse said looked really good.
Brayden was moving and his heart rate would increase when he moved which it is supposed to do.

My blood pressure was still a little high and Dr. Killeen is worried I am getting pre eclampsia and is admitting me to the hospital at 1:30 this afternoon for my second steroid shot (first one yesterday in his office), lab work and observation of my blood pressure. We have no idea as of now what to expect, how long we will be there or any of that at this point, but I will update as we know more.

We appreciate your prayers during this time as we are a little nervous.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you! We'll come up there this evening to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are in GREAT hands! Dr. Killeen was my doctor and I was admitted into the hospital at 32 weeks for the same reasons! You will be looked after by GREAT anti-partum nurses!! Prayers that Brayden stays put until God's chosen birthday for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying; the upside I see to all of this is that we will get more blog updates!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your sweet boy. FYI, Dr. Hales is a nutcase, but super cautious. We had a love/hate relationship with him. He is an odd duck for sure! Keep us updated. Let us know if you need anything, ice cream, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited that you are all home and everyone is doing well. Brayden is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristi! I have a question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me back at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete